- A Passion for Truth. First Things 88 (December 1998).
- The Cuban Revolutions First Things 83 (May 1998): 23-28. Notes and observations from Fr. Neuhaus' trip with Pope John Paul II's historic to Cuba, which was unfortunately shrounded by the media coverage of President Bill Clinton's sex scandal.
- The Liberalism of John Paul II First Things 73 (May 1997): 16-21. On the liberalism (properly understood) of the Pope, on the political philosophy of the encylical Centesimus Annus.
- John Paul II Plays "The Capital of the World". First Things 59 (January 1996).
- The Gospel of Life. Review of Evangelium Vitae. Wall Street Journal April 3, 1995.
Fr. Richard J. Neuhaus on Pope John Paul II
Fr. Richard John Neuhaus is editor-in-chief of First Things, published by the Institute on Religion and Public Life, and the author of several books on Pope John Paul II, including Appointment in Rome: The Church in America Awakening -- chronicling the Synod for America held in Rome, 1997 -- to which he was a special delegate designated by the Pope -- and Doing Well & Doing Good: The Challenge to the Christian Capitalist, on the Papal encyclical Centesimus Annus.
Labels: commentary on the pontificate